Just outside the city of Al Ain, straddling the border of the United Arab Emirates and Oman, Jebel Hafeet rises 4,068 feet (1,240 meters) above the desert landscape. It’s the highest peak in the emirate and the second highest in the country, making it one of Abu Dhabi’s most popular natural attractions.
The views, once you reach the top of the sandstone mountain, are well worth the journey. You’ll have unobstructed views of Al Ain below and Oman in the distance. The caves winding through the mountain have yielded abundant fossil discoveries and the foothills have served as a burial ground dating back more than 5,000 years—some of which you can still see.
The Jebel Hafeet Mountain Road, known as one of the most scenic roads in the world, is also a popular training site for road cyclists working on their ascents. The Green Mubazzarah park at the base of the mountain houses a complex of natural hot spring pools for both men and women where you can relax after conquering the mountain.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What's the best way to experience Jebel Hafeet?
- Al Ain Day Trip from Abu Dhabi with Lunch
- Al Ain Tour from Abu Dhabi
- Al Ain City Tour Explore City of Gardens with Museums & Forts & Camel Racetrack
- Al Ain City Sightseeing - Al Ain Museum & Forts & Camel Market & Mosques & More
Things to do near Abu Dhabi
- Things to do in Dubai
- Things to do in Al Ain
- Things to do in Sharjah
- Things to do in Umm Al Quwain
- Things to do in Ras Al Khaimah
- Things to do in Khasab
- Things to do in Doha
- Things to do in Muscat
- Things to do in Gujarat
- Things to do in Rajasthan
- Things to do in Manama
- Things to do in Salalah
- Things to do in Red Sea
- Things to do in West Bank
- Things to do in Maharashtra