Imbros Gorge is located in the countryside of western Crete. It is one of the most popular gorges for hikers on the island. It's popular for many reasons including its beauty. The hike is also easier than some others in the area, making it a good choice for almost anyone who wants to spend a few hours exploring nature. The trail is about five miles long with a descent of less than 2,000 feet and usually takes two to three hours. There are some spectacular sections along the trail, including some narrow passageways. Along the hike, you will pass several small villages.
The gorge also holds historical significance. In May 1941 during World War II, Allied troops walked through the gorge while trying to escape Crete and get to Egypt. Many people whose parents or grandparents were there visit the gorge today as a kind of pilgrimage.
Tours and tickets to Experience Imbros Gorge
What are Imbros Gorge hours of operation?
Should I book Imbros Gorge tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Imbros Gorge 2021?
What's the best way to experience Imbros Gorge?
- Georgioupolis Safari Off Road Tours Outdoor Activities Land Rover Defender
- Imbros Gorge Hiking Day Trip Including Traditional Cretan Snack
- Hike Imbros gorge and visit a winery or Frangokastello beach
- Imbros Gorge From Rethymno & Chania
Things to do near Crete
- Things to do in Heraklion
- Things to do in Cyclades Islands
- Things to do in Dodecanese
- Things to do in Aegean Coast
- Things to do in Santorini
- Things to do in Ios
- Things to do in Kos
- Things to do in Bodrum
- Things to do in Athens
- Things to do in Turkish Riviera
- Things to do in Western Anatolia
- Things to do in Macedonia
- Things to do in Black Sea Coast
- Things to do in Puglia
- Things to do in Adriatic Coast