Star Mosque (Tara Masjid) Tours and Activities
Though most are used to seeing stars only at night, a visit to Star Mosque—known by locals as Tara Masjid—is filled with plenty of celestial sights. This stunning mosque was built in the first half of the 19th century, and both its interior and exterior are covered in hundreds of colorful mosaic stars that have given it its name.
A white reflecting pool surrounding a massive white star is stationed in front of the mosque’s impressive exterior. Nearly a dozen archways guide travelers and worshipers alike to the stunning white marble domes of this iconic religious structure that is certain to be a highlight of any visit to Old Dhaka.
Tours and Activities to Experience Star Mosque (Tara Masjid)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Explore Dhaka City in a Local Way !!
- Fascinating Old Dhaka and Ship Breaking Yard Day Trip
- Dhaka in One Day: Highlights of Dhaka Tour
- Private Dhaka City Tour
- Things to do in Kolkata
- Things to do in Bagdogra
- Things to do in Thimphu
- Things to do in Paro
- Things to do in Darjeeling
- Things to do in Bhubaneswar
- Things to do in Mandalay
- Things to do in Lhasa
- Things to do in Kathmandu
- Things to do in Yangon
- Things to do in West Bengal
- Things to do in Odisha
- Things to do in Varanasi
- Things to do in Tibet
- Things to do in Northern Thailand