Palace of Holyroodhouse
Set amid splendid gardens at the foot of Edinburgh’s Royal Mile, the Palace of Holyroodhouse is the official Scottish residence of the British royals, who first decamped here from nearby Edinburgh Castle back in the 15th century. The complex grew from a 12th-century abbey, whose ruins can still be seen on the grounds, into a full-fledged Baroque palace complete with elaborate plasterwork, sumptuous furnishings, and a number of tapestries. The palace is perhaps most famous for having hosted to the rather unfortunate Mary, Queen of Scots, whose beloved secretary was slaughtered here by her jealous second husband.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What are Palace of Holyroodhouse hours of operation?
Should I book Palace of Holyroodhouse tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Palace of Holyroodhouse 2020?
What's the best way to experience Palace of Holyroodhouse?
- City Sightseeing Edinburgh Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
- Palace of Holyroodhouse Admission Ticket
- Edinburgh Sky to Sea Bike Tour by Manual or E-Bike
- Ghost Bus Tour of Edinburgh
Things to do near Edinburgh
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Aberdeen
- Things to do in Inverness
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Blackpool
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Londonderry
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands