Fort Lauderdale Antique Car Museum
The recently expanded 30,000-square-foot (2,787-square-meter) museum features the largest collection of Packard cars and historical memorabilia such as hood ornaments, carburetors, horns, lighters and ashtrays, and more from 1900 onward, ranging from a 1909 Packard Model 18 Speedster to a 1947 Packard Model 2111 Clipper Eight Deluxe Custom PU Truck.
Alongside the automobiles is a gallery dedicated to the late President Franklin D. Roosevelt. Daily guided tours of the museum are available by request.
Things to know before you go
- The museum is also available for private events.
- This is a must-visit for car aficionados and history buffs.
- The museum only accepts cash.
How to get there
Located two blocks north of 17th Street on the west side of S.W. 1st. Avenue (also known as Packard Avenue), Fort Lauderdale Antique Car Museum is situated between downtown Fort Lauderdale and the airport. It’s about a 10-minute drive south from the popular Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale.
When to get there
The museum is open Monday through Friday; call ahead if you plan to visit on Saturday. Plan to spend between half an hour to three hours touring the museum, depending on your interest. Overall, you can expect to encounter the biggest crowds in Fort Lauderdale from December to April, which is the city’s high season.
Las Olas Boulevard
Located in the heart of downtown Fort Lauderdale, Las Olas Boulevard boasts plenty of restaurants, bars, art galleries, and boutiques, and is a must-visit to grab a bite to eat or do some window shopping during your stay in the area. Plus, you can hop on a water taxi from here and explore the city’s many waterways.
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Boca Raton
- Things to do in Miami
- Things to do in West Palm Beach
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in Freeport
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Key West
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in New Providence Island
- NSU Art Museum
- Museum of Discovery and Science
- Historic Stranahan House Museum
- Riverwalk Fort Lauderdale
- Las Olas Boulevard
- Intracoastal Waterway Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Beachfront
- Port Everglades
- Las Olas Beach
- Jungle Queen Riverboat
- Hugh Taylor Birch State Park
- Dania Beach Pier
- Hard Rock Cafe Hollywood Florida
- Hollywood Beach
- Butterfly World