Sweeping through the heart of the Style Mile in Glasgow city center, Buchanan Street hosts some of Scotland’s best shopping, bars, restaurants and cafes.
A hodgepodge of high street and designer names tucked inside some of Glasgow’s grandest Victorian buildings, Buchanan Street is especially busy on Saturdays, when the young and glamorous hunt out new fashions and street performers entertain the crowds.
At the north end is the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall and the Buchanan Galleries shopping mall, which hosts more than 90 brand-name stores. Toward the southern end, the refined Art Nouveau atmosphere and designer goods of Princes Square draw ladies who lunch. One of the most upmarket retail streets in the United Kingdom, Buchanan Street is also home to the flagship House of Fraser department store, which boasts Scotland’s largest beauty hall and is conveniently located right across the street from Princes Square.
Fans of the late Scottish architect Charles Rennie Mackintosh will love Buchanan Street’s Willow Tea Rooms, replete with the iconic designer’s signature high-backed chairs. Look out for Nelson Mandela Place as you shop ‘til you drop; in 1986, the handsome square was named after Mandela in protest of his imprisonment by the South African Apartheid regime.
Browse. Filter. Book.
Should I book Buchanan Street tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Buchanan Street 2020?
What's the best way to experience Buchanan Street?
- Half-Day Private Glasgow Must-Sees Tour
- City Sightseeing Glasgow Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
- Skip the Line: Hard Rock Cafe Glasgow Including Meal
- Private Glasgow Ghost Tour: City Center Exploration Game
Things to do near Glasgow
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Inverness
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Aberdeen
- Things to do in Londonderry
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Blackpool
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in North East England