Glasgow Science Centre
Visitors can prepurchase a Science Mall ticket, which grants them entry to three floors’ worth of exhibitions at the Glasgow Science Centre, as well as discounted entry to the Glasgow Tower, the tallest freestanding building in Scotland, and The Planetarium, where you can explore the solar system and Milky Way. A Science Mall ticket also provides visitors with free access to all workshops and live science shows taking place on the day of their visit.
Things to Know Before You Go
With child-friendly exhibitions and The Big Explorer area, which is devoted to kids under 7, the Glasgow Science Centre is a must-visit for families.
Visitors age 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
The Glasgow Science Centre is wheelchair accessible.
Two museum cafés serve food and drinks.
How to Get There
Glasgow Science Centre is situated on Pacific Quay on the south bank of the River Clyde. Take the Argyle Line train from Glasgow Central to Exhibition Centre station; the museum is a 5- to 10-minute walk from there. Several bus routes, including Stagecoach X19, First Bus 90, and McGill’s Bus 23 and 26, run to the center. It’s also possible to walk from the city center along the edge of the River Clyde; the journey takes around 30 minutes on foot.
When to Get There
Because of the child-friendly nature of the exhibitions, Glasgow Science Centre is busiest when school is out (weekends, summer vacation, etc.). Go midweek to avoid the crowds or, if you’re planning on going at the weekend, arrive soon after opening (10am).
Glasgow Science Center Exhibits
The science center is packed with fun, hands-on exhibits. Measure your own physical stats at the BodyWorks exhibition, which is devoted to the human body and well-being. Experience intriguing optical illusions and tackle challenging puzzles at A Question of Perception, and generate energy by busting moves at the Energy Dance Floor in the Powering the Future Exhibit. Other exhibits at this popular visitor attraction focus on space, careers in science, and quantum technologies.
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in St. Andrews
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Inverness
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Dublin
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Limerick
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in North East England
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- The Hunterian (Hunterian Museum and Art Gallery)
- Glasgow West End
- Tenement House
- The Lighthouse
- Buchanan Street
- Glasgow Gallery of Modern Art (GoMA)
- Glasgow Cruise Port (Greenock Ocean Terminal)
- George Square
- Merchant City
- Provand's Lordship
- St. Mungo Museum of Religious Life and Art
- People's Palace & Winter Gardens
- Pollok House
- Glasgow Cathedral