Bright Angel Point Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Bright Angel Point is the most popular viewpoint on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, offering views of Grand Canyon Village on the South Rim and Roaring Springs some 3,000 feet (914 meters) below. The easy paved Bright Angel Point trail leads to the spot, with panoramic views of Grand Canyon National Park unfolding along the way.
While the South Rim of the Grand Canyon is more easily accessible, the North Rim affords much better views, as it’s more than 1,000 feet (305 meters) higher in elevation. According to the National Park Service, only 10 percent of Grand Canyon visitors make it to this less-traveled area. Even though Bright Angel Point isn’t on the well-trodden South Rim route, it still features in some longer tours of the national park. Many day tours depart from Sedona and Flagstaff.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Bright Angel Point is a must-visit for photographers and those looking to get off the beaten path.
- Wear sturdy shoes; the walk to Bright Angel Point, while short, is steep at points.
- Remember that walking at this elevation can be strenuous.
- Public restrooms are available behind the North Rim Visitor Center.
- The Bright Angel Point trail is steep with drop-offs and stairs, and is not wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
The quarter-mile (0.4 kilometer) paved trail to Bright Angel Point begins just behind the Grand Canyon Lodge near the North Rim parking area.
When to Get There
Due to its higher elevation, the North Rim (and Bright Angel Point) have a shorter season than the rest of the park; the entire North Rim area closes for the winter (December 2 to May 14). Plan to visit around sunrise or sunset for the best photos of the canyon below.
Getting from the South Rim to the North Rim
Although in the same national park, the two rims of the Grand Canyon aren’t the easiest to travel between. Hikers can make the 21-mile (34-kilometer) trek, while the drive covers 220 miles (354 kilometers).
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Bright Angel Point
No results found!
Things to do near Grand Canyon National Park
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in Flagstaff
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Scottsdale
- Things to do in Phoenix
- Things to do in Moab
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Salt Lake City
- Things to do in Albuquerque
- Things to do in Carlsbad
- Things to do in Santa Fe
- Things to do in Utah
- Things to do in Nevada