Fubo Hill (Fubo Shan) Tours - page 2
Read MoreShow Less
Situated in northeast Guilin, beautiful Fubo Hill (Fubo Shan) sits half in and half out of the Li River, causing the passing water to swirl and lending it its other name: “Wave-Subduing Hill.” With a height of 695 feet (213 meters), Fubo Hill offers spectacular views of the city and river views from its summit.
In addition to its stunning views, Fubo Hill features a number of caves and points of interest, including the Pearl Returning Cave, the Thousand Buddha Cave, and the Sword-Testing Rock, all at the foot of the hill. There are also a number of pavilions where you can stop and enjoy the scenery.
Fubo Hill is a popular attraction and many tours will include a stop here, along with Elephant Trunk Hill, Reed Flute Cave, and Seven Star Cave. You can also combine a visit with a multi-day tour to explore top attractions outside of Guilin, such as Yangshuo.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Fubo Hill is a must-see for first-time visitors to Guilin.
- Don’t forget to bring your camera to capture the views of Guilin and the Li River.
- Wear study shoes if you plan to climb to the summit—the path can be narrow and steep.
How to Get There
Fubo Hill is located on Binjiang Road, Xiufeng District, in northeast Guilin. From the South Train Station, take bus no. 1 directly to Fubo Hill. Bus nos. 2, 58, and 203 also stop at Fubo Hill.
When to Get There
Open year-round, Fubo Hill is a popular tourist attraction; to avoid the crowds, arrive early in the morning.
Pearl Returning Cave
At the foot of Fubo Hill is Pearl Returning Cave; inside of that is the Sword-Testing Rock, which hangs from the ceiling and nearly touches the ground. Legend has it that the emperor tested his sword by cutting what used to be a stone pillar, leaving the crevice at the bottom. At the back of the cave is the Thousand Buddha Cave, with more than 200 Buddhist statues and more than 100 inscriptions, some dating from the Tang and Song dynasties.
25 Tours and Activities to Experience Fubo Hill (Fubo Shan)
• Visit the symbol of Guilin, Elephant Trunk Hill. • Get to the top of Fubo Hill to enjoy a panoramic view of Guilin. • Discover the hilly landscape of Seven Star Park. • Salat at Chongshan Road Mosque, the best preserved mosque with the largest scale in Guilin. • Explore the Mansion of Prince Jingjiang. • Hike up Solidary Beauty Peak, reputed as a pillar holding up the Southern Sky. • Wander through the Two Rivers & Four Lakes Scenic Area. • Experienced English speaking tour guide. • Overland round-trip transfers with private chauffeur and in-transport refreshments.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Taking safety measures
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Things to do near Guilin
- Things to do in Southern China
- Things to do in Lingui County
- Things to do in Yangshuo
- Things to do in Quanzhou
- Things to do in Wenzhou
- Things to do in Nanning
- Things to do in Zhuhai
- Things to do in Guangzhou
- Things to do in Guiyang
- Things to do in Macau SAR
- Things to do in Halong Bay
- Things to do in Hanoi
- Things to do in Chengdu
- Things to do in Guangxi
- Things to do in Northern Vietnam