Thanks to its dramatic cliffs, glittering turquoise waters, and more than 1,600 limestone islands and islets, beautiful Halong Bay is one of the most popular sites to visit in northern Vietnam and is best seen on a cruise. Here are your options for Halong Bay cruises from Hanoi.
Hanoi Opera House (Nha Hat Lon)
1 Trang Tien Street, Hanoi, North Vietnam
The only way to access the interior of the Hanoi Opera House is by booking a ticket to a show. Besides an ever-changing program of concerts, the opera house showcases performances that explore the ancient cultures of Vietnam. Most Hanoi sightseeing tours stop by the opera house to admire its grand exterior.
Things to know before you go
- Three stories of seats mean that regardless of where you sit, you’ll enjoy a good view of the 10-foot (3-meter) stage.
- The opera house is accessible to wheelchairs and strollers.
How to get there
The Hanoi Opera House is situated on Trang Tien Street, near the Red River and not far from Hoan Kiem Lake. From the center of Hanoi, the opera house is roughly a 15-minute drive, while the 09CT bus drops you right outside the landmark.
When to get there
Different shows at the opera house have different start and end times.
Historic Highlights of Hanoi
As the capital of Vietnam, Hanoi has a plethora of historic sights. Musts for history buffs include the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, erected on the spot where the Vietnamese leader declared the country’s independence, and Hoa Lo Prison, where American POWs were incarcerated during the Vietnam War.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Hanoi Opera House (Nha Hat Lon)?
What else should I know about attractions in Hanoi?
- Things to do in Northern Vietnam
- Things to do in Halong Bay
- Things to do in Nanning
- Things to do in Luang Prabang
- Things to do in Vientiane
- Things to do in Sanya
- Things to do in Kunming
- Things to do in Hue
- Things to do in Da Nang
- Things to do in Guiyang
- Things to do in My Son
- Things to do in Yangshuo
- Things to do in Chiang Rai
- Things to do in Guangxi
- Things to do in Southern China
- Vietnam National Museum of History
- Vietnam Museum of Revolution
- Vietnamese Women’s Museum
- Lake of the Restored Sword (Hoan Kiem Lake)
- Temple of the Jade Mountain (Ngoc Son Temple)
- Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre
- St Joseph’s Cathedral (Nha Tho Lon)
- Phu Tay Ho
- Hanoi Ancient House
- Hanoi Old Quarter
- Hoa Lo Prison
- Ambassador’s Pagoda (Chua Quan Su)
- Dong Xuan Market
- Long Bien Bridge (Cau Long Bien)
- Vietnam Military History Museum