The Culloden Battlefield was the site of one of the last battles to take place on British soil. On April 16, 1746, Bonnie Prince Charlie and his army of 5,000 Jacobite Highlanders faced off against the Duke of Cumberland and 9,000 Hanoverian government troops. Though the Jacobites fought valiantly, they were ultimately defeated, resulting in the elimination of the Scottish clan system and the suppression of Highland culture. Today, the Culloden Battlefield Visitor Centre retells the events of that fateful day through interactive exhibits that put travelers in the thick of the action.
Ways to experience Culloden Battlefield
Browse. Filter. Book.
What are Culloden Battlefield hours of operation?
Should I book Culloden Battlefield tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Culloden Battlefield 2020?
What's the best way to experience Culloden Battlefield?
- Loch Ness,Culloden Battlefield,Cawdor Castle & Much More From Inverness City
- Outlander Tour
- Fabulous Inverness and Local Area Day Trip
- Inverness Outlander Tour
Things to do near Inverness
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in Aberdeen
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Londonderry
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Blackpool
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in North East England