Mel Fisher Maritime Museum
No coastal city would be complete without its own shipwreck legends, and Key West is no exception. The Mel Fisher Maritime Museum allows you to explore artifacts from some of the most famous ships that went down in the Florida Keys.
The shipwrecks are mostly from merchant and slave ships in the 17th and 18th centuries. The artifacts on board serve as a window to the past, revealing a great deal about trade, colonization, slavery, and even daily life from the time period. One of the most famous ships to run aground in the Keys, the Henrietta Marie, is believed to be the world’s largest source of tangible objects from the early years of the slave trade. A visit to the museum lets you view historical artifacts in an new way, as the shipwreck legacy casts an eerie and exciting feeling over the objects.
Tours and tickets to Experience Mel Fisher Maritime Museum
What are Mel Fisher Maritime Museum hours of operation?
Should I book Mel Fisher Maritime Museum tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Mel Fisher Maritime Museum 2021?
What's the best way to experience Mel Fisher Maritime Museum?
- Private Key West Conch Republic Tiki Bike Experience
- Key West Dolphin Spotting Tour and other options
- Mel Fisher Maritime Museum Admission Ticket
- Round-Trip Transfer: Fort Lauderdale to Key West
Things to do near Key West
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Miami
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Boca Raton
- Things to do in West Palm Beach
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in Freeport
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Clearwater
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in New Providence Island