Kubah National Park
Set just 14 miles (22 km) outside of the capital city of Kuching, the sandstone mountains of Kubah National Park offer some of the best day trekking and plant-spotting opportunities in the immediate region. Although myriad species of birds and mammals, such as arguas, pheasants, and bearded pigs, roam the tropical rain forest, Kubah is ultimately known for its stunning array of plant diversity, particularly palms. And if swimming beneath a waterfall sounds like the perfect afternoon, there are plenty of opportunities to do just that.
A walk down the hour-long Palmetum trail offers views of over 100 different types of palm trees, while other short walks such as the Belian Trail amble past exotic flora, like giant mushrooms, figs, durian, and rambutan. Those wanting to catch a glimpse of native Sarawak wildlife should head to the Matang Wildlife Centre located within the park boundaries. At this conservation center, where wild animals are rehabilitated for release back into the wild, visitors can observe orangutans, sun bears, and civets, a cat-like mammal with similarities to a mongoose or otter.
What are Kubah National Park hours of operation?
Should I book Kubah National Park tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Kubah National Park 2021?
What's the best way to experience Kubah National Park?
- Kuching Kubah National Park
- Night Frogs Tour at Kubah National Park
- Untamed Serapi Backwood Connection
- Matang Wildlife Centre and Kubah National Park with Lunch from Kuching
Things to do near Kuching
- Things to do in Sarawak
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Kota Kinabalu
- Things to do in Jakarta
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Sandakan
- Things to do in Bandung
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Sabah
- Things to do in West Java
- Things to do in Central Java
- Things to do in East Java
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam