Bassenthwaite Lake Tours
One of the Lake District’s largest lakes at 6.4 km in length, Bassenthwaite Lake is best known for its abundant native wildlife, now preserved as part of the region’s only wetland nature reserve. Osprey, Grasshopper Warbler, Curlew, Greylag and Meadow Pipit are among the bird species that frequent the wetlands, while the lake is also one of two places in England to see the rare vendace fish.
Address: Bassenwaithe, Lake District, England
3 Tours and Activities to Experience Bassenthwaite Lake
This Lake District tour is a must for engaging with much of the dramatic, lush and picturesque scenery the Lake District has to offer. You will travel over mountain passes, through beautiful valleys, see waterfalls, and traditional Lakeland villages. With plenty of stops for admiring the views and capturing the perfect Instagram photos. An insight into some of the Lake Districts most closely guarded, hidden gems. This tour will change the way you look at the Lakes. The Tour Includes: • Full day private tour • Local expert driver / guide
This tour is a beautiful tour day, full of beauty and natural wonder, out but is rough guide to your days travel, as customers may amend the tour to suite there needs or wish list. Please contact Simon to alter your tour. Thank you.
This tour takes you to: • Lake Windermere • Kirkstone Inn • Kirkstone Pass • Brothers Water • Patterdale • Glenridding • Ullswater • Lake Cruise on Ullswater. • Castlerigg stone circle • Lakeside at Keswick • Surprise View • Ashness Bridge • Honister Mine • Honister Pass • Buttermere • Crummock Water • Moss Force waterfall • Thirlmere • Dunmail Raise • Grasmere • Rydal Water
Taking safety measures
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What's the best way to experience Bassenthwaite Lake?
The best ways to experience Bassenthwaite Lake are:
- Ten Lakes of the Lake District: Full Day, Private Tour for 4
- Stunning Lake District 6 Hour Tours!
- Private Tour: Ultimate Full Day Scenic Tour visiting 10 Lakes
Things to do near Lake District
- Things to do in Keswick
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in South East Ireland
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in South West England