This beautiful cathedral has a long history. It first opened its doors as a small parish in the 1420s and grew over the next 400 years, along with the city where it is located.
Intricate detail can be found throughout this building, which achieved cathedral status when a new diocese was created in 1847. Wood-carvings in and around the choir stalls tell a story of life in the distant past. Other historical artifacts include the Angel Stone, which is located in the wall of the South Porch and dates back to around 700. There are also more recent historical displays, such as the “Fire Window,” a window which was destroyed during WWII and then replaced, and depicts the Nazi attack.
Tours and tickets to Experience Manchester Cathedral
What are Manchester Cathedral hours of operation?
Should I book Manchester Cathedral tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Manchester Cathedral 2021?
What's the best way to experience Manchester Cathedral?
- Manchester Afternoon Walking Tour
- Half-Day Manchester Food Tour with Lunch
- Private Manchester Ghost Tour: Haunted City Center Exploration Game
- Christmas In Manchester: Private Experience With A City Host
Things to do near Manchester
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Oxford
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Bristol
- Things to do in Cardiff
- Things to do in Bath
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Dublin
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in North East England