World Erotic Art Museum (WEAM) Tours and Activities
Located in Miami’s Art Deco District, The World Erotic Art Museum (WEAM) was founded in 2005 and is the only museum of its kind in the United States – exclusively filled with erotic art. The collection includes over 4,000 works of international art, dating back as far as 300 BC.
The 12,000-square-foot museum is the world’s largest public collection of erotic art and was founded by Naomi Wilzig, an American art collector and writer. There are pieces from noted artists on display, including Rembrandt, Rodin, Picasso and Dali, while modern pieces include everything from countless sex toys in various shapes to dominatrix Barbie dolls.
If you’re surprised to see Rembrandt’s name on the list of noted artists, you’ll soon learn about his erotic works here. “Rembrandt’s Erotic Secrets” is an exhibit of 20 etchings, several of which are now permanently housed in the museum. Another popular exhibit is “African Treasures,” which explores fertility worship in Africa as it relates to objects and practices both inside and outside of the bedroom.
Wilzig was honored with a Key to the City of Miami Beach in 2006, and the city also designated October 16 as “World Erotic Art Museum Day” in 2011.
Tours and Activities to Experience World Erotic Art Museum (WEAM)
Questions & Answers
- Speedboat Sightseeing Tour of Miami
- Miami Combo Tour: City Sightseeing, Biscayne Bay Cruise and Everglades Airboat Ride
- Parasailing with Miami Watersports
- Big Bus Miami Hop-On Hop-Off Open Top Tour
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Boca Raton
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in West Palm Beach
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Freeport
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Key West
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Nassau
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in New Providence Island