Montreal Insectarium (Insectarium de Montréal) Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Devoted to all things creepy and crawly, the Montreal Insectarium (Insectarium de Montréal) houses about 250,000 insects, some living, others dead. Examine stick insects, cicadas, beetles, and tarantulas up-close, and observe a leafcutter ant colony hard at work. Displays explain the feeding, breeding, and behavioral habits of various species.
The Montreal Insectarium and Botanical Gardens are situated on the same site, and one entrance ticket provides access to both attractions. Inside the Insectarium, exhibits include informational plaques and are designed to be explored independently. Families with young children will want to visit the outdoor play and discovery area, known as the BuzzGround. Some Montreal sightseeing passes include access to the Insectarium and Botanical Gardens.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Montreal Insectarium is a must for children and anyone with an interest in entomology.
- The Insectarium is part of the Space for Life, a natural science museum complex that includes the Biodome, the Botanical Gardens, and the Planetarium Rio Tinto Alcan.
- Space for Life offers amenities including dining areas, cloakrooms, and water fountains.
- The Insectarium is wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
Montreal Insectarium is situated in the Olympic Park, right next to the Montreal Botanical Gardens, the Biodome, and the Montreal Tower. The nearest metro stop is Pie-IX (Green Line), a 10- to 15-minute walk away.
When to Get There
If you plan on combining a visit to the Insectarium with a trip to the neighboring Botanical Gardens, it’s best to go during summer or fall, as most of the outdoor gardens are blanketed in snow in winter and early spring.
Butterflies Go Free
Among the highlights of the Insectarium’s calendar is the annual Butterflies Go Free event, which takes place each spring. Visitors walk through a warm greenhouse and watch more than 50 species of colorful and beautifully patterned butterflies flutter around, perch on the surrounding greenery, feed on fruits, and occasionally land on guests’ outstretched hands.
Address: 4581 Rue Sherbrooke East, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Montreal Insectarium (Insectarium de Montréal)
No results found!
Things to do near Montreal
- Things to do in Quebec
- Things to do in Ottawa
- Things to do in Quebec City
- Things to do in Salem
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in Massachusetts