Kamala Nehru Park
In the ritzy Malabar Hill district of Mumbai, Kamala Nehru Park is one of the best places in the city to enjoy sweeping views of Marine Drive and Chowpatty Beach. Come at sunset when the lights of Marine Drive begin to glitter on the Arabian Sea, giving the famous boulevard its nickname “Queen’s Necklace.”
Popular among joggers and picnicking families, Kamala Nehru Park is most famous for its giant hobnailed shoe. You’ll often see children climbing up and playing inside the giant structure based on the classic nursery rhyme, There Was an Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe.
Kamala Nehru Park is named after the wife of India’s first Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru. Covering 4,000 feet of ground, this is an especially popular spot for birds during monsoon season, and just across the road and a little up the hill from Kamala Nehru Park is Mumbai’s Hanging Gardens. This shady park, also known as Pherozeshah Mehta, is a series of terraced gardens that’s famous for its topiary animals. Ranging from giant elephants to holy cows — the fanciful bushes are easy to spot!
Tours and tickets to Experience Kamala Nehru Park
What are Kamala Nehru Park hours of operation?
Should I book Kamala Nehru Park tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Kamala Nehru Park 2021?
What's the best way to experience Kamala Nehru Park?
- Highlights of Mumbai: Private Sightseeing Tour of Mumbai
- Mumbai City + Dabbawala aka Lunchbox + Train Ride Tour - The Unfeigned Mumbai.
- Mumbai Full-Day Shore Excursion
- Private Mumbai Sightseeing Tour Including Dharavi Slum
Things to do near Mumbai
- Things to do in Pune
- Things to do in Aurangabad
- Things to do in Sasan Gir
- Things to do in Goa
- Things to do in Hyderabad
- Things to do in Udaipur
- Things to do in Jodhpur
- Things to do in Bangalore
- Things to do in Jaisalmer
- Things to do in Jaipur
- Things to do in Maharashtra
- Things to do in Gujarat
- Things to do in Coimbatore
- Things to do in Rajasthan
- Things to do in Himachal Pradesh & Uttarakhand