Ways to Celebrate the Fourth of July in New York City
Read MoreShow Less
If you find yourself in New York City on Independence Day, there are a variety of ways to celebrate the holiday in the most populated of America's cities. Here are some ideas for spending this festive summer day with local New Yorkers in the Big Apple.
- Head out on an evening cruise to watch the Macy's 4th of July fireworks from the water.
- Enjoy a barbecue party on a terrace with views of Times Square.
- Go picnicking at East River State Park or Prospect Park in Brooklyn or Central Park in Manhattan.
- Visit Coney Island for old-fashioned activities including a hot dog-eating contest and amusement park rides, plus the beach.
- Find a spot along the waterfront of the East River or Hudson River to watch the fireworks display on shore (depending on the event's location each year).
- Take a historical walking tour to learn about NYC's patriotic past.
No results found!
0 Tours and Activities | All New York City Tours