Things to Do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Newcastle Upon Tyne and neighboring Gateshead together constitute the major urban center of northeast England. Locals (known as ”Geordies”) are rarely shy of a drink, and weekends find the bars and pubs of the city heaving with locals and visitors from Britain and beyond.
Non-alcoholic attractions include a rich architectural legacy stretching from traces of Roman settlements through Victorian shopping arcades to the graceful arc of the award-winning Millennium Bridge.
The vast Angel of the North sculpture has quickly become a symbol of the region and the Baltic Centre, in a converted flour mill, contributes greatly to the city’s enviable reputation for contemporary art. Sage Gateshead is a must-see, whether you're there for a concert or just to admire the curving contours of its futuristic glass-and-steel exterior.
Things to do near Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in Blackpool
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Aberdeen
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Fort William
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in North West England