Dubbed the Pearl of the South, Phuket is one of the world's most famous beach destinations.Thailand's largest and most visited island, the hot spot revolves around and thrives on tourism yet retains a spark of the real Thailand. Here are some of the best ways to spend three days in Phuket.
Bangla Road (Patong)
Bangla Road features on almost all of Phuket’s bar crawls, which offer the inside scoop on local nightlife and introduce you to fellow revelers. Patong sightseeing tours also typically make a stop at the street for an ice-cold beer, and tend to introduce you to top attractions such as Chillva Market, Karon Beach, and Windmill Viewpoint. Rock Hard is one of the street’s oldest institutions, where you can watch live dancing, enjoy loud music, and sip tropical cocktails.
Things to know before you go
- With its bars, street vendors, and tailor shops, Bangla Road is a must-visit part of Phuket.
- Bangla Road can get incredibly crowded during peak season—avoid it if you're claustrophobic or averse to strobe lights.
- The area is home to an abundance of nightclubs charging different entry fees—consider purchasing skip-the-line admission tickets to avoid waiting in line on the day.
How to get there
Bangla Road is adjacent to Patong Beach, which takes a few minutes to reach on foot. From Phuket Old Town, located on the opposite side of the island, Bangla Road is a 45-minute drive—depending on traffic—via Route 4029.
When to get there
The best time to visit Bangla Road is after sunset, when bars start booming out loud music and revelers begin to flock to the region. For a more relaxed atmosphere, explore the streets during lunchtime.
The Show at Simon Cabaret
Simon Cabaret is famous for its Las Vegas-style transgender cabaret performance that features elaborate costumes, vibrant choreography, and contemporary music. Watching the show is a great way to kick off a high-energy evening on Bangla Road, and there are seating options to suit all budgets.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Bangla Road (Patong) ?
What else should I know about attractions in Phuket?
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in Ko Yao Yai
- Things to do in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Things to do in Khao Lak
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in Ko Lanta
- Things to do in Surat Thani
- Things to do in Ko Lipe
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Pattaya
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Gulf of Thailand