Binlang Ethnic Village (Binglanggu)
At this cultural park on Hainan Island, visitors can learn about the traditional lifestyle of the region’s rural Li and Miao communities. Craftspeople demonstrate their skills in recreated old-style huts, while local villagers stage an outdoor dance production. Two on-site museums display traditional Li and Miao clothing, arts and crafts.
This former ethnic village is today an open-air museum, showcasing the heritage and culture of Hainan’s ethnic minority populations. Admission grants access to the entire site, including all shows and demonstrations. Several souvenir shops in the village sell traditional Li and Miao handmade items, including clothing, jewelry, and artwork. Visitors can book a ticket with included transportation ahead of time for a convenient ride to and from the park and skip-the-line access.
Things to know before you go
- Don’t forget to bring sunglasses, sunscreen, and a hat, as not all areas of the village are shaded.
- Bargaining is accepted at the shops within Binlang Ethnic Village.
- Electric cars ferry visitors to various points of interest within the village—a welcome amenity when feet start to feel tired.
How to get there
Binlang Ethnic Village is 17 miles (28 km) from Sanya City. While the easiest way to get there is by booking a tour with included transportation, you can also hire a taxi or take a bus from Sanya Bus Station to the town of Sandao, where the bus stops near the entrance gate; the journey takes about 50 minutes.
When to get there
Weekends at Binlang Ethnic Village can get crowded. If possible, plan your visit for a weekday instead. The best seasons for cooler weather and fewer crowds are between March and May or October and November.
Other Ethnic Villages on Hainan
To learn more about Hainan’s ethnic diversity, be sure to visit some of its other ethnic villages. Ganza Li Village celebrates the culture of the Li people. Tour traditional boat-shaped houses, learn about how bamboo is transformed into musical instruments, watch as local women weave intricate brocades, or visit the Totem Art Museum. The smaller Miao Village is known for its batik making, as well as its engaging cultural performances.
- Things to do in Southern China
- Things to do in Da Nang
- Things to do in Hue
- Things to do in My Son
- Things to do in Hoi An
- Things to do in Halong Bay
- Things to do in Hanoi
- Things to do in Nanning
- Things to do in Macau SAR
- Things to do in Guangzhou
- Things to do in Shenzhen
- Things to do in Guiyang
- Things to do in Can Tho
- Things to do in Central Vietnam
- Things to do in Guangxi
- Yanoda Rainforest Cultural Tourism Zone Tours & Tickets
- Sanya Bay (Sanya Wan) Tours & Tickets
- Wuzhizhou Island Tours & Tickets
- End of the Earth (Tianya Haijiao) Tours & Tickets
- Luhuitou Park Tours & Tickets
- Binlang Ethnic Village (Binglanggu) Tours & Tickets
- Yalong Bay Tropical Paradise Forest Park Tours & Tickets