Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum
The Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum is perhaps the best place in Singapore for a look at Chinese Buddhism. Located in the heart of Chinatown, the temple is believed to house a sacred relic of the Buddha, housed within a gold stupa inside the temple.
While the temple exhibits Tang Dynasty architectural elements, it was actually built in 2007. In just a few short years, it has become a major landmark in Chinatown and a popular destination for both tourists and worshipers.
After visiting the main temple and viewing the various Buddha statuary, make sure to check out the museum on the third floor. Here, you’ll find a collection of Buddhist relics, artifacts and works of art. Also of interest is the History Gallery that outlines the conceptualization and construction of the temple. Admission to both the museum and temple is free, and guided tours in English are available twice per week.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What are Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum?
- Private Michelin and Local Hawker Food Tour
- Withlocals The 10 Tastings: Singapore Private Street Food Tour
- Singapore Private Food and Culture Tour in Chinatown
- Private Singapore Customized Tour With Driver
Things to do near Singapore
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Pulau Ubin
- Things to do in Malaysia
- Things to do in Thailand
- Things to do in Johor Bahru
- Things to do in Melaka
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Tanah Rata
- Things to do in Johor
- Things to do in Pahang
- Things to do in Perak
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast