With many restaurants temporarily closed, now’s the time to test your home cooking skills. A Singapore food tour company owner takes you on a journey through global cuisines with recipes for Thai coconut soup, Indian masala dosa, sabbath-inspired challah bread, and more. Join her in the kitchen.
Sands Theatre (Grand Theater)
Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
Popular shows at the Sands Theatre often sell out, so it’s a good idea to book tickets well in advance. The dozens of dining options housed within the same hotel, ranging from casual eateries to fine dining from celebrity chefs, makes it convenient to grab dinner before or after your show. Special ticket packages include pre and post-show menus at some of the hotel’s most popular restaurants, located adjacent to the theater. Continue your night out with a visit to the neighboring Marquee Nightclub, which hosts live DJs on most nights, or Avenue Lounge, a quiet spot for cocktails and bar bites.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Book your theater ticket ahead of time to avoid queues at the box office.
- Pre-purchased tickets can be presented as e-tickets on a smartphone; no printing required.
- The theater is wheelchair accessible.
- Bring a sweater or light jacket, as air conditioning is often cranked up during performances.
How to Get There
The Sands Theatre is inside the Marina Bay Sands Hotel on Bayfront Avenue. The hotel is directly linked to Bayfront Station, serviced by the Downtown Line and Circle line of Singapore’s MRT metro system.
When to Get There
Shows at the Sands Theatre generally run for about a week, though some concerts are single night events. Check the performance calendar before your visit to see what’s showing. Shows generally start in the evenings, with matinees on Saturdays and Sundays.
Theater in Singapore As Singapore’s relatively young theater scene continues to grow, visitors have more and more options to choose from. Big shows and blockbuster musicals tend to run at the Sands Theatre, while several local theater companies, including the Checkpoint Theatre and Pangdemonium, host a few different productions throughout the year. Annual events, like the Singapore Theatre Festival, Singapore Fringe Festival, and Shakespeare in the Park series showcase even more local and international talent.
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Pulau Ubin
- Things to do in Malaysia
- Things to do in Indonesia
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Medan
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in West Java
- Things to do in Mekong Delta
- Things to do in South Coast
- Marina Bay Sands SkyPark
- Ultimate Drive
- Marina Bay Sands
- Gardens by the Bay
- Supertree Grove at Gardens by the Bay
- Red Dot Design Museum
- Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay
- Cloud Forest at Gardens by the Bay
- Flight Experience Singapore
- Merlion Park
- Waterfront Promenade
- Singapore Flyer
- Helix Bridge
- Marina Bay
- Raffles' Landing Site