With many restaurants temporarily closed, now’s the time to test your home cooking skills. A Singapore food tour company owner takes you on a journey through global cuisines with recipes for Thai coconut soup, Indian masala dosa, sabbath-inspired challah bread, and more. Join her in the kitchen.
Singapore Art Museum (SAM)
Mon-Thurs, Sat-Sun 10am-7pm, Fri 10am-9pm
71 Bras Basah Road, Singapore, 189555
Admission tickets provide access to both museum buildings—the Singapore Art Museum and the neighboring SAM at 8Q. Exhibitions at both sites change every few months and past exhibitions have featured South East Asian artists such as Cheo Chai Hiang, Titarubi, Dinh Q Le, and Natee Utarit, among others. Expect to see paintings, sculptures, photography, and contemporary art installations, as well as boundary-pushing art projects and interactive visual arts media.
Things to Know Before You Go
- As of 2019, the Singapore Art Museum is closed for renovations until further notice. The museum will be hosting temporary exhibitions at alternative locations during this period. Check the website for more details.
- SAM is a fun art museum to visit with children and there’s even a hands-on Children’s Gallery.
- The museum has a café-bar and gift shop.
- The museum is accessible for wheelchairs and strollers.
How to Get There
The Singapore Art Museum is located on Queen Street, just north of downtown Singapore. The closest MRT station is Bras Basah MRT (Circle Line), right outside of the main entrance, while numerous buses run between the museum and downtown. The SAM at 8Q building is just across the street.
When to Get There
With new exhibitions opening up all the time, the Singapore Art Museum is a site you’ll want to revisit time and time again. The museum is open daily from 10am to 7pm, with late opening on Fridays until 9pm.
Singapore for Art Lovers As one of Asia’s principal art hubs, Singapore’s art scene is full of surprises. Must-visit sites for art enthusiasts include the National Gallery Singapore, home to the largest collection of Singapore and Southeast Asian art in the world; the ArtScience Museum at Marina Bay Sands; and the Gillman Barracks, a gallery complex home to Shanghart and OTA Fine Arts, among others. The city itself is also dotted with open-air artworks, street art, sculptures, and contemporary installations—opt for an art-themed walking tour to seek out all the best spots.
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Pulau Ubin
- Things to do in Malaysia
- Things to do in Indonesia
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Medan
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in West Java
- Things to do in Mekong Delta
- Things to do in South Coast