The northern winter, from December to February, makes a fantastic time to visit Singapore. Not only can you escape the icy weather for velvety tropical heat, but the city comes alive in lights for two epic celebrations: Christmas and Lunar New Year. Here are a few ways to make the most of it.
- Take an open-top bus tour of the Christmas lights.
- Thrill to epic rides at Universal Studios, one of Asia’s top theme parks, or treat the kids to Legoland Malaysia.
- Beat the long lines with skip-the-line entrance to Night Safari.
- Head to the S.E.A. Aquarium to discover more than 1,000 different marine species.
- Savor afternoon tea—and a tour—at the historic Raffles Hotel.
- Soak up the sights at your leisure with a hop-on hop-off bus tour.
- Save money on Gardens by the Bay, the Singapore Flyer, and more by booking a city pass.