Burford is a small town in England along the River Windrush and is often referred to as the Gateway to the Cotswolds. The picturesque town is detailed with a medieval bridge, Tudor and Georgian buildings, and old stone houses. A former meeting place for merchants, the 16th century Tolsey building now houses the Tolsey Museum where visitors can learn about the town's social and industrial history. The town's church is another interesting place to look for signs of Burford's past by way of the memorials charting some of the greatest families that once lived there.
The town of Burford has in many ways remained unchanged over the centuries. It is a popular place for tourists looking to explore small town beauty and history. However, more modern appeals can be found as well. Burford is an interesting town for shopping and antiques, and there are plenty of restaurants, pubs, and tea shops to choose from. Despite its popularity, you can easily find a tranquil corner of town to enjoy the scenery.
Browse. Filter. Book.
Oxford, the Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon Day Trip from Oxford including Shakespeare's Birthplace
What's the best way to experience Burford?
- Cotswolds Villages Full-Day Small-Group Tour from Oxford
- Oxford, the Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon Day Trip from Oxford including Shakespeare's Birthplace
- Cotswold Summer Explorer Tour
- Cotswold Rover
Things to do near South East England
- Things to do in Oxford
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Southampton
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in Normandy
- Things to do in South West England
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Salisbury
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in Île-de-France