Looking at the stately red brick mansion of Chartwell, with its gabled roofs and vast gardens overlooking a swimming lake, it’s easy to imagine it as the residence of someone important, and few British politicians are as revered as Sir Winston Churchill. The legendary Prime Minister lived at the country estate with his family from 1924 until his death and today its interiors have been preserved in his honor.
As well as strolling through Chartwell House's immaculate rose garden, learning about the estate’s history at the Visitor Centre or stopping for tea at the onsite café, visitors can admire the house’s lavish décor, explore Churchill’s studio, where more than 100 of his paintings are on display, and peek at Churchill’s personal belongings and books.
Tours and tickets to Experience Chartwell
What are Chartwell hours of operation?
Should I book Chartwell tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Chartwell 2021?
What's the best way to experience Chartwell?
- 3-Day Leeds Castle, White Cliffs & Flavours of Kent Small-Group Tour from London
- Chartwell House The Home of Sir Winston Churchill - A Private Tour From London
- Christmas at Chartwell House - Home of Sir Winston Churchill
- Private Tour: Chartwell House Tour from London
Things to do near South East England
- Things to do in Oxford
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Southampton
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in Normandy
- Things to do in South West England
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Bath
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in Île-de-France