Rongbuk Monastery Tours and Activities
Tucked into the hillside of the Mount Everest Base Camp in Tibet, the Rongbuk Monastery offers travelers incredible views of not only of the world’s most famous mountain, but also the breathtaking scenery that surrounds it.
Visitors venturing into high altitude will likely have to catch their breath as they climb rocky steps and wander the monastery’s peaceful grounds. Its unique location makes it the highest monastery in the world, and epic mountain landscapes prove the perfect backdrop for colorful prayer flags flapping in cold winds.
Travelers can stop en route to Mount Everest Base Camp or stay the night in quiet rooms perfect for evening reflection. No heat, no electricity and no modern amenities means a monk-like experience, and visitors agree there’s nothing more incredible than waking up to pristine views of the world’s most iconic snow-capped mountain.
Tours and Activities to Experience Rongbuk Monastery
No results found.How about something else?See all Tibet tours
Frequently Asked Questions
- Things to do in Lhasa
- Things to do in West Bengal
- Things to do in Uttar Pradesh
- Things to do in Odisha
- Things to do in Thimphu
- Things to do in Paro
- Things to do in Darjeeling
- Things to do in Bagdogra
- Things to do in Kathmandu
- Things to do in Western China
- Things to do in Southwest China
- Things to do in Himachal Pradesh & Uttarakhand
- Things to do in Northern Thailand
- Things to do in Northwest China
- Things to do in Jammu and Kashmir