Water Caves Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Yangshuo is well-known for its limestone karst formations, which dominate the countryside. Less known are the numerous caves within these karst formations, formed by thousands of years of erosion. Explore Yangshuo’s Longmen Water Caves, and finish off with a mud bath and a swim in an underground pool.
Longmen Water Cave stretches two miles (three kilometers) and runs through three mountains. Local villagers used the cave as a refuge from invading Japanese during World War II. The cave is full of winding, maze-like passages, some of which are off-limits. Boats take you into the cave, but be prepared to get dirty, as you will also crawl through the muddy cave at times, as well as climb up, down, and around stalagmites and stalactites.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Unlike other caves in the area, Longmen Water Cave is not illuminated, and you will need a flashlight.
- You will get dirty. Bring a swimsuit, towel, and change of clothing, especially if you plan to take a mud bath.
- Wear a helmet and nonslip shoes for safety.
- If you bring electronics, make sure you have them in a waterproof bag.
- Longmen Water Cave may not be suitable for people with claustrophobia.
How to Get There
Longmen Water Cave is located 10 miles (16 kilometers) from Yangshuo, near the village of Longmen. Taxis, motorbikes, and bicycles are the best way to visit the cave.
When to Get There
Although the cave is 73°F (23°C) year-round, April to September is the best time to visit, as the cool temperature inside contrasts nicely with the warmer air outside.
Other Caves in the Area
There are a number of other developed caves in the area for visitors to explore, including Silver Cave, located 16 miles (25 kilometers) away from Yangshuo, the cave at Butterfly Spring Park, and Assembling Dragon Cave, both of which can be found along the “Ten Mile Gallery” scenic road from Yangshuo.
Address: Yangshuo, China
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Water Caves
No results found!
Things to do near Yangshuo
- Things to do in Southern China
- Things to do in Lingui County
- Things to do in Guilin
- Things to do in Nanning
- Things to do in Quanzhou
- Things to do in Zhuhai
- Things to do in Guangzhou
- Things to do in Wenzhou
- Things to do in Zhanjiang
- Things to do in Macau SAR
- Things to do in Halong Bay
- Things to do in Hanoi
- Things to do in Chengdu
- Things to do in Guangxi
- Things to do in Northern Vietnam