Yorkshire Air Museum
With its impressive collection of aircrafts the Yorkshire Air Museum and Allied Air Forces Memorial is a must for aviation enthusiasts, located on the old RAF base and WWII bomber command station of Elvington. More than 40 aircrafts are on display at the museum, including highlights like a rare 'Friday the 13th' Halifax bomber, the UK’s only Dassault Mirage Mk.III, an early Avro Anson, and others including a Lightning F6, a Victor K2 and a Nimrod MR2.
As well as housing some of Britain’s most impressive historic aircrafts, the Yorkshire Air Museum features a series of exhibitions chronicling the history of aviation and the role of the RAF during the Second World War. Visitors can learn about life on a wartime bomber station, and admire the collection of RAF uniforms, weapons, and memorabilia, while kids can peek into the wartime control tower, hide out in camouflaged huts, and climb up into the cockpits of Canberra and Jet Provost airplanes.
What are Yorkshire Air Museum hours of operation?
Should I book Yorkshire Air Museum tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Yorkshire Air Museum 2021?
What's the best way to experience Yorkshire Air Museum?
Things to do near York
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Oxford
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in Bristol
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in North East England