Things to Do in Boston This Winter
Boston extends a warm welcome in winter, with glittering lights, a vibrant atmosphere, and lots of ways to beat the cold. From exploring American Revolution–themed museums and savoring the city’s warming foods to taking festive harbor cruises, here’s how to best experience Boston this winter.
- Pick and choose from more than 30 Boston museums and attractions according to the weather and for one low price with the Go Boston Card.
- Feel the spray from Niagara’s cascades on the famous Maid of the Mist boat on a day trip by air to Niagara Falls.
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve on an evening dinner cruise around Boston Harbor, complete with a 3-course meal and live entertainment.
- Share in Boston’s love of chocolate by sampling handmade sweets and warming hot chocolates on a city chocolate tour.
- Go ghost hunting under cover of darkness on a ghost-themed trolley tour, hearing tales of Boston’s hauntings and exploring graveyards.
- Relive the 1773 event that started the American Revolution through films and reenactments at the Boston Tea Party Ships and Museum.
- Warm up with apple-cider doughnuts and other local goodies on a Boston Public Market foodie tour.
- Join in some classic Irish Boston merrymaking and Christmas caroling on a high-spirited Irish holiday caroling cruise on Boston Harbor.
- Beat the cold by tracing Boston’s part in the 1776 American Revolution with admission to the Old State House Museum.
- View the city’s must-sees in one go and browse Quincy Market for Christmas gifts on a Boston-in-One-Day coach tour.