Port of Quebec (Port de Québec)
At the confluence of the St. Charles and St. Lawrence rivers, the bustling Port of Quebec (Port de Québec) offers access to one of Canada’s most well-known tourist destinations: the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Quebec (Vieux-Québec). Passengers dock right in the heart of Quebec, at the Ross Gaudreault terminal.
The Port of Quebec (Port de Québec) is the gateway to Old Quebec, with many walking tours of both Upper Town (Haute-Ville) and Lower Town (Basse-Ville) departing from the port. Half- and full-day shore excursions also depart for Montmorency Falls, the Basilica of Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré, and Orleans Island (lle d’Orléans), while some focus on the French-influenced culinary scene of Quebec City’s coolest neighborhoods. For a bird’s-eye view on the city, flightseeing helicopter excursions are also popular.
Things to Know Before You Go
On busy days when several cruise ships are docking all at once, some vessels may dock a little further downriver.
The Port of Quebec terminal offers free Wi-Fi, restrooms, seating, and tourist information kiosks.
Shore excursions are a convenient way to get to know Quebec, regardless of the time you have on shore, and some include pickup and drop-off at the port.
Quebec City’s streets are cobbled with lots of steps, so comfortable footwear is advised.
Parts of Quebec City may not be easily wheelchair accessible.
How to Get to Quebec City From the Quebec City Cruise Port
Cruise ships visiting Quebec City dock at one of two locations: the Old Port (Vieux-Port) or Lower Town (Basse-Ville). Both are within walking distance of the historic core of the city and shuttle buses are available if your ship has to dock downriver. Taxis are also plentiful and charge a flat fee, while some shore excursions depart from the dock.
The Port of Quebec has a tourist information kiosk, where visitors can find out more about Quebec City attractions and activities. Free Wi-Fi is also available at the port. While French is the official language, English is widely spoken in tourist-friendly Old Quebec. The currency is the Canadian dollar.
- Quebec City Old Port (Vieux-Port)
- Museum of Francophone America (Musée de l'Amérique Francophone)
- Notre-Dame de Québec Basilica-Cathedral
- Quebec Museum of Civilization (Musée de la Civilisation)
- Fort Museum (Musée du Fort)
- Dufferin Terrace (Terrasse Dufferin)
- Fortifications of Quebec National Historic Site
- Old Quebec (Vieux-Québec)
- Quebec Royal Square (Place-Royale)
- Notre-Dame-des-Victoires Church (Église Notre-Dame-des-Victoires)
- Upper Town (Haute-Ville)
- Quebec Lower Town (Basse-Ville)
- Petit Champlain District (Quartier Petit Champlain)
- Citadel of Quebec (Citadelle de Quebec)
- Plains of Abraham (Plaines d'Abraham)