Explore our promoted experiences
- Enjoy transport by old-fashioned horse and carriage
- Watch out for Ireland’s last native herd of red deer
- Listen to tales about O’Donoghue Mor and Oliver Cromwell
- Stop for photos at the 15th-century Ross Castle
Departure & Return
Your Killarney Jaunting Car will start from The Great Southern Hotel on the East Avenue road. This start point is located beside Killarney Train Station and Killarney Outlet Shopping centre. There is car parking in this area.
What To Expect
Once on board, you’ll travel past St. Mary’s Cathedral, a delightful thatched cottage, and Killarney House and Gardens. Head into Killarney National Park, and travel at a relaxed pace through countryside where the modern-day traffic can’t reach.
As you go, keep an eye out for red deer; the deer park is home to the country’s last native herd. Gaze out at the lake against a backdrop of distant mountains, and see if you can make out Carrauntoohil, one of Ireland's tallest peaks.
Hear tales from your carriage driver as you pass Ross Castle, a 15th-century tower house. Owned by O’Donoghue Mor, the castle was the last to be defeated by Oliver Cromwell and the English in 1652. Stop for photos, then return to the start point in Killarney.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Killarney Jaunting Cars - Tangney Tours Ireland
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "For a total change of pace the Jaunting Car is a great way to see an outstanding piece of the country." See review