- Walking tour of Montreal’s Jewish neighborhoods
- Learn about Montreal’s Jewish history on a tour led by Museum of Jewish Montreal staff
- Enjoy use of mobile technology to animate and illustrate historical events
- Learn about the cultural conditions that the city’s Jewish residents faced in trying to make Montreal their home
- Choose from several departure times
Departure & Return
We will meet you just in front of 4040 Boulevard St-Laurent (large green building) on the north-west corner of ave. Duluth and boul. St-Laurent. Please note that while we are running outdoor food and walking tours, the museum's interior space is currently closed.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Discover previously lost or unknown stories of Jewish Montreal, with the aid of mobile technology that animates the community’s incredible history. Gain insight into how Jews in Montreal interpreted the cultural and geographic conditions that they faced, and the contrasts between Jewish visions for their new home and the realities of life in this city.
Drawn from the Talmud,‘Tur Malka’ is the name given to Mount Royal by Montreal's Yiddish poets in the early 20th century, claiming one of Montreal's major landmarks and its symbolism as their own. Tur Malka begins and ends at the Museum of Jewish Montreal.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The tour begins and ends at 4040 Boulevard St-Laurent
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
- OPERATED BY Museum of Jewish Montreal
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands