5 to 8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Rewind to ancient and medieval Jordan on this private Jerash and Ajloun Castle day trip from Amman. After a journey north, stop to visit Jerash, one of the world’s best-preserved Roman cities. Admire the colonnaded Oval Plaza, temples, plazas, and monuments; and then continue to Ajloun Castle to explore the fortress, built in 1184 by Saladin’s forces. Air-conditioned transport and hotel pickup and drop-off are included, with optional local guiding at the sites at own expense.
- Full-day private trip to Jerash and Ajloun Castle from Amman
- Travel north to Jerash, sometimes called the ‘Pompeii of Asia'
- Stroll around the Roman ruins to see the Oval Plaza, Temple of Artemis, and more
- Visit 12th-century Ajloun Castle, built by Saladin's army to defend against the Crusaders
- Admire the medieval Islamic architecture and views of the Jordan Valley
- Explore the sites independently or choose to hire local guides (own expense)
- Private air-conditioned transport with driver, plus Amman hotel pickup and drop-off included; with entrance fees at own expense
Saved to wishlist!
Transportation (hotel pickup and Drop-off, air-conditioned vehicle, on-board WiFi, Fuel Surcharge)
Meals, Gratuities, Local guide at the site, Personal Expenses, Admission Fees
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pickup Point: Pickup from any hotel in Amman
Return point: Tour ends at the same pickup location
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY R&H VIP Transportation Services & Car Rental
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Jerash and Ajloun Castle Day Trip?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Jerash and Ajloun Castle Day Trip?
The policy on sanitization is:
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Product code: 22721P78
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursHistorical ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAmmanBus Tours - MadabaArchaeology Tours - MadabaHistorical Tours - MadabaBus Tours - SweimahArchaeology Tours - SweimahHistorical Tours - SweimahBus Tours - JerusalemArchaeology Tours - JerusalemHistorical Tours - JerusalemCategory