- Half-day private sightseeing tour of Amman
- See the stunning Roman amphitheater, a 6,000-seater stadium dating from the 2nd century BC
- Explore the Roman, Byzantine, and early Islamic ruins at Amman Citadel with a guide
- View the antiquities on show at Amman Archaeological Museum at the Citadel
- Upgrade to include an authentic Arabic mezze lunch
- Upgrade to a full-day tour to enjoy an Arabic mezze lunch and pampering Turkish bath experience
- Enjoy the best sights and personalized attention from your driver on this private tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
As you travel, hear about the history of this fascinating city, whose past stretches back to 3,500 BC and before. Hear about the city’s days under the Roman Empire, and how it was occupied by the Nabataeans and Byzantines.
View one of Amman’s star attractions, the King Abdullah Mosque, famous for its blue mosaic dome, and the nearby Coptic Church. Then, continue to the Roman amphitheater, a magnificent hillside structure believed to have been built in the 2nd century.
Admire the symmetry and scale of the theatre as your guide explains how it was built as part of the Roman city of Philadelphia, and could accommodate up to 6,000 spectators.
Next, make your way to the Amman Citadel, the hilltop collection of antiquities that looms over the city. Explore the timeworn Roman, Byzantine, and early Islamic relics, and pay a visit to the Citadel’s Archaeological Museum to inspect its collections of ancient artifacts discovered at sites from across Jordan.
Pass the Raghadan Palace, the burial place of the late King Hussein, and ride around the downtown area to see its vibrant markets, traditional mosques, and churches. Then, delve into the upscale neighborhoods of Abdoun and Swefieh, where luxury shopping malls and swanky private villas line the streets.
Your tour ends back at your hotel. Alternatively, ask for a drop-off at one of the malls on your tour or at Abdali Boulevard, a stylish new enclave of designer shops regarded as Amman’s up-and-coming downtown area.
Half-day Tour plus Arabic Lunch:
Upgrade your tour and savor a mouth-watering lunch of Arabian mezze at a local restaurant. Enjoy an assortment of small plates, such as barbecued chicken and beef, hummus, salads and breads, and after your meal, relax with a hotel or shopping mall drop-off—your choice!
Full-day Tour plus Arabic Lunch and Turkish Bath:
Following a succulent lunch of tasty Arabian mezze, wallow in a luxurious Turkish bath experience, including an invigorating steam room session, soapy scrub, and muscle-melting massage. Then, duly refreshed and revitalized, relax with your choice of either a hotel or shopping mall drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- For clients holding Jordan Pass, the corresponding entrance fees to be returned directly in destination.
- Pick up and drop off from Amman Queen Alia International Airport available by request for lay over day tour.
- Local SIM cards and Wi-Fi are available upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- Tours with lunch: Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan are non-alcoholic.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- King Abdullah Mosque is closed to the Public on Fridays.
- Dress code at the Mosque – Women should wear attire covering their arms and legs and should cover their head with scarf. Men should wear normal shirt and trousers.
- Jordan Museum and Royal Automobile Museum closes on Tuesdays.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Zaid Tours and Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff