- Private day trip to Petra from Amman—ideal for those short on time
- Walk through the Siq entrance canyon and see the Treasury, Theater, and Royal Tombs
- Upgrade to include local guide services, or local guide services and entrance fees
- Round-trip transport to the UNESCO-listed ancient rock city by private, air-conditioned vehicle
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Meet your driver, and settle inside your private, climate-controlled vehicle for your journey south to Petra, the 2,000-year-old rock city cut into a valley in Jordan’s Shara Mountains.
Follow the modern desert highway through rugged mountains and plains, and make a refreshment stop on route. Then, when you arrive in Petra, set off to explore either independently or with a local guide (at additional cost depending on option selected).
Head through the main entrance (additional cost depending on option selected), and walk through the Siq, the entrance gorge that leads into the main area of the city.
Take in the awesome first glimpse of the rose-pink Treasury (Al Khazneh), as you round a sharp bend in the Siq, and then head into the rock clearing to take photos of the magnificent facade.
Next, continue through the widening gorge to see more of Petra’s treasures, including the cliff-hewn, 3,000-seater Theater and the Royal Tombs.
If you wish, head up to the High Place of Sacrifice, a clifftop site used by the Nabataeans for animal sacrifices and religious ceremonies. See the obelisks to the gods and stone altar, and absorb the stunning views down over the valley from high up.
Plus, if time allows, you may also choose to climb or ride a donkey (additional cost) up to the Monastery, Petra’s largest monument. Set at the end of the canyon, this incredible carved building rivals the Treasury for beauty.
After enjoying ample time to explore, reconvene with your driver at the entrance, and conclude your experience with a drop-off at the original start point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Jordan Private Tours and Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands