Explore our promoted experiences
- Explore the temples of the Bagan archaeological site on a private tour
- Feel like Indiana Jones exploring more than 2,000 ancient Buddhist temples
- Investigate key Bagan structures like Shwezigon Pagoda and Bu Lei Thee Pagoda
- Marvel at sunset views of the entire temple complex as it turns golden orange
- Get a sense for daily life in Bagan at the local produce market
- Private guide ensures personalized service and attention
- Includes a set-menu lunch and site entrance fees
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Head from the market to your first Bagan temple stop at Shwezigon Pagoda, an 11th century religious shrine built by King Anawrahta. You’ll also get to investigate Ku Byauk Gyi Temple, a religious structure renowned for its murals of the “Jataka” scenes. Proceed from there to Lei Thee Pagoda, one of the best-preserved of the area temples and also a great viewing location to enjoy vistas of the entire archaeological site. Finish your morning by visiting the Ananda Temple, known for its four standing Buddha figures.
After a break for an included set-menu lunch, spend the afternoon doing some shopping and, of course, discovering more temples. Head to nearby Myinkaba village to check out a laquerware workshop and perhaps even purchase a souvenir of your own. Then continue to Manuha Temple, built in 1059 using the “Mon style,” and then on to Nanbaya Temple, a sandstone palace that was once the home of King Manuha.
Finish the day with an amazing sunset view from the top of either Bupaya Pagoda or Shwe San Daw Pagoda, marveling at the golden orange light that sets the temple complex aflame in the late-afternoon sun. Please note that climbing these two temples involves sets of steep stairs. After sunset you’ll receive a drop-off back at your Bagan accommodations.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Old and New Bagan. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Mount Popa, river cruise ports and Bagan’s Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable.
- Royal temples and palaces uphold a very strict dress code: it is essential that you dress appropriately during this excursion by wearing clothes that cover shoulders and fall below the knees. Customers wearing shirts with obscene and disrespectful prints and pictures and brightly-coloured clothing may be refused entrance.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff