- Tour the Bang Rak district on foot with an expert local guide
- Enjoy tastings at local shops, eateries, food stalls, and markets
- Meet the owners and learn about local life
- Small-group tour limited to 10 ensures a more personalized experience in the company of fellow food lovers
Departure & Return
Village of Love Tours will meet at the BTS station "Saphan Taksin" -- at the bottom of the stairs of exit 2. For those not arriving by BTS, this is the exit closest to the main river pier, next to the park. When arriving by boat, follow the covered walkway towards the BTS station and you will find your guide waiting near the bottom of the stairs.
What To Expect
Taste curry puffs at a street food vendor; sip Thai iced tea or coffee at the Bang Rak Bazaar; bite into a sampling of tropical fruits at Bangkok’s second-oldest wet market; and try Chinese herbal drinks at a local Chinese grocery, located in a traditional shophouse.
Visit a family-run eatery to share plates of fried and roasted chicken noodles topped with an egg. Then walk to a traditional Thai sweet shop for a tempting dessert platter. Be sure to save some room for som tam (green papaya salad) at an establishment popular with locals, and don’t be shy about tasting larb (minced meat salad)—a northern Thai staple.
Savor the regional flavors of Thai curry at your last stop, a traditional royal Thai restaurant run by descendants of the royal family, before your tour ends.
Please note: Participating venues and menu items may be substituted on any given day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes and cool clothing recommended during warmer season
- Itinerary stops are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. Suitable replacement venues will be substituted in those cases
- Please indicate when booking if you are bringing a stroller on the tour. It is recommended to bring a light and compact stroller
- Please Note: You must advise your dietary requirements at the time of booking.
- This tour can not accommodate vegan, gluten-free or halal diets. Vegetarian diets can be accommodated with prior notice
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Taste of Thailand Food Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff