- Private Alexandria tour from Cairo
- Visit a museum, historic sites, and the library
- Seafood lunch at a local restaurant
- Entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Make your first stop at the Alexandria National Museum, where a series of exhibits illustrate Alexandria’s grand past, from Graeco-Roman times to the pharaohs, Byzantine empire, and the arrival of Islam. Continue to the Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa, three tiers of underground burial chambers that blend Roman, Greek, and Egyptian styles. Painted figures and statues bring the ancient world to life in an underground funereal banquet hall, burial chambers, and passageways sunk into solid rock. Visit Pompey’s Pillar, a monolithic triumphal column that celebrates the Emperor Diocletian in solid red Aswan granite.
Pause for a seafood lunch at a local restaurant, then visit the Library of Alexandria, a modern facility that pays tribute to the city’s ancient library. The elegant building makes room for 20 million books, and the granite exterior is inscribed with characters from 120 different writing systems. After visiting the library make the return trip to Cairo, where this tour concludes with drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Kemet Travel Egypt
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers