8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Get an insider look at taking care of Giant Pandas during this full-day tour to the Dujiangyan Panda Base. As a volunteer, you help the panda keepers clean the enclosures and feed the animals. Then learn more about China’s conservation efforts and the biology of these gentle giants with a panda movie. Enjoy a delicious lunch and take many memorable photos of these endangered animals to enjoy for many years.
- Volunteer as a panda keeper at the Dujiangyan Panda Base Center
- Learn about the giant pandas and the conservation efforts
- Receive a certificate of completion for helping the panda keepers
- Enjoy a delicious lunch and take many photos of the experience
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
English-speaking tour guide
Private normal car or luxury car (please choose)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Customers' hotel in Chengdu downtown.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please note: Program could be modified based on the health of the pandas
- The age restriction of program is between 12 and 65 years old. If your children are under 12 years old, they are still able to attend, and will be chaperoned accordingly
- There is a daily limit of 20 volunteers for the Panda Keeper Program, so please reserve in advance and ensure your vacancy.
- In order to ensure the health of Giant Pandas, do not spray perfume and paint nail polish, do not wear exaggerated ornaments, do not wear slippers, on the volunteering day. Wear sneakers.
- Passport name and number is required at time of booking for all participants for Travel Insurance
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Third Pole Tour
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Day Tour: Dujiangyan Panda Base Volunteering from Chengdu
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesBus ToursNature and WildlifeEco ToursVolunteer Tours Full-day ToursKid FriendlyDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesChengduUnique Experiences - Southwest ChinaBus Tours - Southwest ChinaNature and Wildlife - Southwest ChinaEco Tours - Southwest ChinaVolunteer Tours - Southwest ChinaFull-day Tours - Southwest ChinaUnique Experiences - ChongqingBus Tours - ChongqingNature and Wildlife - ChongqingEco Tours - ChongqingVolunteer Tours - ChongqingFull-day Tours - ChongqingUnique Experiences - ChangshaBus Tours - ChangshaNature and Wildlife - ChangshaEco Tours - ChangshaVolunteer Tours - ChangshaFull-day Tours - ChangshaCategory
Luodai Ancient TownSong Xian Qiao Antique MarketZhaojue TempleWenshu Monastery (Wenshu Yuan)Lingyun TempleDujiangyan Irrigation SystemHuanglongxi Ancient TownMengding Mountain (Mengding Shan)Kuan Zhai Alley (Kuan Zhai Xiang Zi)Museum of Sichuan Cuisine (Chuancai Bowuguan)Qingyang PalaceJinsha Site MuseumShufen Yayun Teahouse (Shufeng Yayun)Jiuzhai ValleyDu Fu CottageWuyou TempleWangjianglou Park (Wangjiang Tower Park)Sanxingdui MuseumChengdu Sichuan Opera Art CenterHappy Valley Chengdu