3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Make the most of even a short time in Chiang Rai by checking off the city’s historic highlights on a guided half-day tour that’s tailor-made for first-time visitors. See Wat Phra Kaeo, the original home of the Emerald Buddha, Wat Phra That Doi Thong, with its views of the Kok River, Wat Rong Khun, the famous “White Temple”, the King Mengrai Monument, and more. Tour includes round-trip transfers from select Chiang Rai hotels.
- See the White Temple, Wat Phra Kaeo, Wat Phra That Doi Thong, and more
- Enjoy rich insights into Thai culture, religion, and history from your guide
- Choose between morning and afternoon tours to suit your schedule
- Take it easy with door-to-door round-trip transfers
Saved to wishlist!
English speaking licensed guide
Transport by air conditioned vehicle
Hotel drop-off (selected hotels only)
Items of a personal nature
Tips or Gratuities to guides or drivers
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please be aware that the pick-up for this tour is included and covers all the hotel located in the following areas: (Thatorn Road, T.Wiang Muang, Mae Sai Chiang Rai, A. Mueang Chiang Rai, Phaholyothin Road, Rimkok, Wat Pranon Road)
For hotel pick-ups outside of this area, an additional charge may be applied or a closer meeting point pick-up may be suggested to you by our Team upon reception of your booking.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place. Single traveler may book this product, but is subject to availability and cancellation if minimum number of people is not met on the activity day.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver although customary, are not required. Any such expression of appreciation should be made on a voluntary and individual basis.
- Infants aged 1 year and under are free of charge, as long as they do not occupy a seat
- Child prices apply to children aged 2-11 years inclusive when traveling with 2 adults. If only 1 adult is traveling, the child will be charged at the adult price.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tour East Thailand
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Chiang Rai City and Temples Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Chiang Rai City and Temples Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Chiang Rai City and Temples Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Chiang Rai City and Temples Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Chiang Rai City and Temples Tour
3 hours 30 minutes
7 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingChiang RaiBus Tours - Northern ThailandHistorical Tours - Northern ThailandHalf-day Tours - Northern ThailandBus Tours - Chiang MaiHistorical Tours - Chiang MaiHalf-day Tours - Chiang MaiBus Tours - Luang PrabangHistorical Tours - Luang PrabangHalf-day Tours - Luang PrabangCategory