- Evening street food tour of old Dubai
- Learn about Dubai’s cuisine as you explore bustling souks and take in the city lights
- Sample local treats such as an Indian street snack, ice cream, and chocolate dates
- Ride an ‘abra’ boat across Dubai Creek and browse the exotic goodies at Deira’s Spice Souk
- Enjoy a tasty 'shawarma' and mutton kebab dinner at a local restaurant
- Food tastings, dinner, and bottled water included
Departure & Return
The tour starts at the main entrance of Dubai Museum/Al Fahidi Fort in Bur Dubai
The tour ends after dinner at Al Ustad Special Kebab, which is very close to Al Fahidi Metro Station
What To Expect
Meet your guide, and begin your food tour of the area, Dubai’s oldest quarter. Old-world charm mingles with bustling souks here, and on route, your guide will explain the city's history and culinary tastes.
Stroll through the busy Indian Market, sometimes known as Souk Al Khabeer, passing shops selling textiles, gold, clothes, and food. India is Dubai’s most important trading partner, and during the 19th century, many of the pearls found in the Arabian Gulf were exported to the country. In return, Indian merchants and goods flowed into Dubai, ensuring Indian cuisine stamped its mark on local tastes.
Try a hot Indian snack, and admire the twinkling city lights as you ride a wooden abra boat across the creek to Deira. Here, explore the Spice Souk, delving into the covered alleys packed with stalls peddling herbs, spices, sweets, and other goodies.
Sample some traditional ice cream, as well as a glass of juice, and luscious chocolate dates. Chat to the vendors about their spices, many shipped from Iran. Then, enjoy time to browse and buy local specialties like frankincense, saffron, Madagascan vanilla, and products made with vitamin-rich camel milk, such as soap and chocolate.
Sample Dubai’s best-loved street food — a meat-filled shawarma wrap — and continue to one of the oldest restaurants in town for a mouth-watering mutton kebab. As you dig into the juicy kebab, learn how it’s made from a secret Persian family recipe, and admire the restaurant walls, covered in old newspaper clippings and photos of Dubai, and thousands of faded international banknotes.
Your tour ends at a central location when you say goodbye to your guide.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- not suitable for Vegetarians or Vegans
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Ute Kostle
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands