- Ghost tour of two haunted Edinburgh locations
- Ideal for those fascinated by history and hauntings
- Descend to the subterranean vaults beneath Blair Street
- Visit Canongate Kirkyard, the final resting place of famous Scottish personalities
- Listen to commentary rife with tales of torture, cannibalism, and witchery
Departure & Return
Mercat Cross, High St, Edinburgh EH1 1RF. Look for the 8 sided monument with white Unicorn on top. You will find a member of our visitor services team waiting here to check you in. They will be dressed in black, holding an iPad, wearing an orange lanyard & holding a black & orange umbrella.
Canongate Kirk, 153 Canongate, Edinburgh, EH8 8BN. This tour ends in the Graveyard of the Canongate Kirk on the Royal Mile, about an 8 minute walk straight down the hill from where your tour began.
What To Expect
First, descend to the Blair Street vaults, subterranean tunnels renowned for the restless souls that reside there. As you explore the narrow passageways, hear tales of cannibals, body snatchers, and pacts made with the devils: the impenetrable darkness and chilling temperature ensures a chilling atmosphere.
After exploring the vaults, weave your way to Canongate Kirkyard, a vast cemetery home to famous Scottish figures. Hear troubling tales of James Douglas, the infamous Cannongate cannibal, and keep your eyes peeled for specters wandering in the darkness.
Bid your guide farewell at a central Edinburgh spot at the end of your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Tours are guaranteed all year round, so please dress for the weather, with comfortable shoes.
- Adult only 18yrs+
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mercat Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Small Group Edinburgh Underground and Graveyard Ghost Tour with Private Option.
- "There is a lot walking and uneven ground in the vault itself so be careful." See review