- Small group excursion to Melrose, Rosslyn Abbey, and the Scottish Borders from Edinburgh
- Visit locations featured in Dan Brown's novel The Da Vinci Code
- Hear the true history of Rosslyn Abbey
- Travel in a top-of-the-range, 16-seat Mercedes mini-coach
- Professional driver/guide
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your driver/guide on this small group tour
- Small-group tour for a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your first stop is the epic viewpoint at Scott’s View—named for Sir Walter Scott—perched high above Tweed Valley and Eildon Hills. Snap some photos of Roman ruins and the rugged Scottish landscape, then continue to the lovely town of Melrose, an ancient settlement along the River Tweed. Stroll through the town that suffered a history of English invasion to see Melrose Abbey, the burial place of Robert the Bruce’s heart. Founded by Cistercian monks in the 12th century, the abbey offers a legendary history connecting the Cistercians to the Knights Templar. Tour the space and grab some lunch in town (own expense).
After lunch, continue to the mysterious Rosslyn Chapel, a 15th-century masterpiece that enjoyed a critical role in "The Da Vinci Code." Explore the medieval structure and study the chapel's elaborate stonework, loaded with provocative symbolism. Hear some of the many theories, myths, and legends about the chapel that attracts visitors from around the globe, then relax on the ride back to Edinburgh.
Your tour ends at Waverley Bridge.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Check in closes 15 minutes prior to departure
- In order to retain the integrity of the tour and try to ensure that all our customers have the best possible experience, we do cap bookings from any one party to 8 passengers.
- Min. age 5 years old. We do not accept children under the age of 5 years.
- Luggage Allowance: You're restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on our tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- For your optional Melrose Abbey tickets you must reserve your time slot in advance. Please use the link printed on your voucher.
- Rosslyn Chapel - We reserve tickets for you. If you want to visit this attraction, please purchase your ticket whilst on tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- Due to safety inspection and possible maintenance work, Melrose Abbey is closed until further notice.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rabbies Trail Burners
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Filter by:Accessibility Health & Safety Inclusion/Exclusion Itinerary details Meeting & Pickup Other Pricing/Options
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Rosslyn Chapel and Scottish Borders Small-Group Day Tour from Edinburgh.