- Admission to Flamingo Gardens with tram tour, in Fort Lauderdale
- Visit a large wildlife sanctuary with extensive botanical gardens and Florida native species
- Admire alligators, panthers, bear and other big animals
- Take in a variety of native plants in eight botanic gardens
- Go to the wildlife presentations to learn about birds and reptiles from their handlers
- See examples of native plants in the Everglades five ecosystems
Departure & Return
I-95 North or South to I-595 I-595 West to Flamingo Road/ Hiatus Road, combined Exit 2 & 3. Follow the signs for Flamingo Road Exit 2. Turn left on Flamingo Road South at the traffic light. Travel south 2.5 miles to traffic light at SW 36th Ct.. Flamingo Gardens is on the left (east side). Please be aware that I-595 is under construction and exit instructions may change from time to time.
|Monday - Sunday:||09:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
What To Expect
The gardens were originally the property of Floyd and Jane Wray, who built a home and citrus grove here in 1933. At the time, it was at the edge of the Everglades, where they started a collection of tropical and subtropical fruit trees and shrubs. The Wray home still stands today. In fact, it’s now a museum illustrating a country home in the early 1930s.
The attractions inside Flamingo Gardens are plentiful. The Wray Botanical Collection has over 3,000 tropical and subtropical plants and trees. It is also home to some of the largest trees of their kind, according to the Florida Forest Service.
The wildlife sanctuary boasts the largest collection of native-Florida wildlife in the entire state. Check out alligators, bobcats, otters, eagles, bears, panthers, peacocks and, of course, the famous flamingos. Plus, more than 250 birds fly free in the magnificent aviary.
Catch a Wildlife Encounter Show, plus a narrated 25-minute tram tour that runs every 30 minutes throughout the day.
Hungry? Purchase sandwiches, salads, smoothies and other snacks and beverages at one of the on-site eateries — the Flamingo Cafe offers some incredible views of the gardens to boot. At the gift shop, pick up unique tropical plants and accessories for your patio.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Parking is free
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY Flamingo Gardens
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff