6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Immerse yourself in Bahamian culture and cuisine—and enjoy a comprehensive introduction to Freeport—on this private, half-day tour. Meet your guide at a time that works best for you, and travel in an air-conditioned vehicle. You’ll visit the local farmer’s market and souvenir shops, can sample locally made beer and rum cake, and will prepare and nibble traditional conch fritters during a cooking experience. Finally, wind down on a private beach.
- Learn how to prepare conch fritters: a classic Bahamian dish
- Explore local food markets, souvenir shops, and other landmarks
- Enjoy free time to relax or swim on an idyllic private beach
- This private tour offers the most personal way to see the sights
Saved to wishlist!
Native conch chopped into bite sized pieces and fried in a special batter with onions and peppers.
Departure & Return
Will meet you at the previously arranged and agreed upon point of pick up, with a handheld sign depicting your names, wearing my company uniform.
Pelican Bay Hotel , Sea Horse Road at Port Lucaya, Freeport Grand Bahama Island Grand Bahama Intl Airport , Freeport Grand Bahama Island Freeport Harbour , G68M+6G3, Wild Goose Town, The Bahamas
6/16/2020 - 12/17/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||08:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Experience Grand Bahama Island
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Around Town/Bahamian Cooking Experience?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Around Town/Bahamian Cooking Experience?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Around Town/Bahamian Cooking Experience?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Around Town/Bahamian Cooking Experience?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsCooking ClassesDining ExperiencesPorts of Call ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingFreeportShore Excursions - Grand Bahama IslandCooking Classes - Grand Bahama IslandDining Experiences - Grand Bahama IslandPorts of Call Tours - Grand Bahama IslandShore Excursions - West Palm BeachCooking Classes - West Palm BeachDining Experiences - West Palm BeachPorts of Call Tours - West Palm BeachShore Excursions - Boca RatonCooking Classes - Boca RatonDining Experiences - Boca RatonPorts of Call Tours - Boca RatonCategory