- Sample delicious Vietnamese cuisine just like the locals do — on the street
- Stroll through hidden alleyways and bustling markets of Hanoi’s charming old quarter
- Learn more about Hanoi’s unique food culture and try local specialties.
- Take in a spectacular night view of Hoan Kiem lake from a secret café
- Small-group tour of 12 participants ensures more personalized service
Departure & Return
In front of Memorial Statue by the right side of Dong Xuan market – 15 Cau Dong Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
What To Expect
Inhale the aromatic scents exuding from street hawker stalls and follow your nose to stands replete with exotic fruits and fresh seafood. Listen as you guide explains the culinary context of the city and hear about the cultural significance of local specialties.
Eat as you go sampling delicious seasonal fruits and a tasty Banh My Hai Phong, learning about the local family that makes them. Then head to a food stall to taste bun dau met noodles and bun cha, a grilled pork and noodle dish.
Continue on to Lo Ren Street where you can sample the famous banh mi sandwiches, a Vietnamese baguette with a variety of fillings.
Walk through the winding streets of the Old Quater and enjoy the famous banh cuon dish the originates in Hanoi. Watch chefs put together this tasty dish and then continue through the maze of streets to observe local life.
Our next stop is the Bun cha, a Vietnamese dish of grilled pork and noodle.
Grab a seat in a secret café famed for its spectacular views over Hoan Kiem Lake. Sip the local specialty of egg coffee and bid your guide and group farewell in this ambient establishment.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Unfortunately, this tour cannot accommodate vegetarians and vegans
- Small-group tour a maximum of 12 people per tour
- Effective Sept 1, 2021, travellers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination. View full policy on our website
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures - Indochina
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Make a note of what you liked and where it was located because you will never remember where it was." See review