Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Experience the culture, history and everyday life of bustling Ho Chi Minh City
- See examples of Saigon's French colonial period with visits War Remnants Museum, the Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral, General Post Office and Opera house
- Enjoy a hassle-free experience—tour includes English-speaking guide, lunch, hotel pickup, and admission tickets
- Traveling in a small group, maximum 12 passengers allowing a unique and intimate adventure experience
Departure & Return
Front entrance of the Saigon Opera House, Dong Khoi St, District 1 (intersection of Le Loi St)
At the end of the trip you are free to continue exploring the area or your guide will assist you in getting a taxi back to your hotel.
What To Expect
Next, absorb the sacred atmosphere of the Thien Hau temple, a revered structure built in the 19th century and dedicated to Thien Hau, goddess of the seafarers. Head next to the Ben Thanh Market to peruse stalls bursting with exotic produce; practice your language skills and hear of the market’s history from your knowledgeable guide.
After visiting the markets, you will stop at Fito Museum that showcases over 3000 artifacts relating to the tradition of Vietnamese medicine.
Revitalize with a traditional Vietnamese lunch of pho and then venture to the War Remnants Museum to see a selection of antique military equipment. Marvel at enormous exhibits like a UH1-Huey helicopter and an F5A fighter in the courtyard and then stroll to the Reunification Palace to see an impressive tableau of Vietnamese architecture.
Admire the French colonial facades of Notre Dame Cathedral, the Opera house, and the General Post Office before bidding your guide and group farewell in this central location. Continue exploring the area independently or take a taxi back to your hotel with assistance from your guide.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Port pickup not available due to required permit. Suggest to travel by taxi to district 1 (Ben Thanh Market) and advise pickup from here.
- Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate
- Unfortunately, this tour cannot accommodate vegetarians and vegans
- Please note that this tour visits independent, family-owned businesses whose operating schedules and menus may change. Therefore, street food venues and local dishes often vary; your local guide will make any final adjustments on the spot
- Near public transportation
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: By visiting and paying an entrance fee to the War Remnants Museum and Reunification Palace, this tour helps preserve local cultural heritage.
- The lunch you will enjoy as part of the tour will a bowl of traditional pho (noodle soup), provided at a local restaurant.
- Most travelers can participate
- As the Delta variant of COVID-19 has proven to be highly transmissible and poses significant increased safety risk, effective September 1, 2021, travellers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on Intrepid Urban Adventures tours. Children aged 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures - Indochina
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Half-Day Tour in Ho Chi Minh with Lunch.